We are looking for a dynamic 3PL Sales and Business Development Executive
We are looking for a dynamic and independent 3PL Sales and Business Development Executive.
To grow market and sales activities to all potential 3PL related accounts in accordance with agreed business targets established by Seven Seas management through a combination of new account leads, cold calling, market intelligence initiatives, and direct sales activity in accordance with both personal and business targets
Key Position Accountabilities
The 3PL Sales & Business Development is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
- Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business and revenue targets, including costs and sales - especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Develop new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for identifying business development opportunities and liaising with Business Development Teams to realize business opportunities complementary to existing and new accounts.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Maintain and develop existing customers (as assigned by Management).
- Negotiate and source supplier agreements including transportation costs to ensure they meet Seven Seas expectations in terms of quality, service, and price.
- Assist and participate in discussions regarding increasing warehouse space utilization based on client requirements.
- Define and implement initiatives to increase savings such as Cost of Goods (COGS) and other operational costs.
- Monitor accounts receivables, update and negotiate payment terms, agreements, and invoicing address in relevant systems.
- Ensure sales targets are achieved and results and actions are communicated on a regular basis to the RD and FD via reports and meetings.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the company’s Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) and Ethics & Compliance policies.
- Perform any other duties as requested by Regional Director / Finance Director
Education, Experience, Training and Soft Skills
- “Fire in the belly” – Have a sense of ambition and determination
- Service agreement negotiation and management
- Business to business client relationship management experience or corporate account management
- Creative Thinker that actively seeks out New Business– Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Business case development
- Experienced facilitator and presenter of briefs to senior internal and external stakeholders using presentation technology tools
- Working to tight and competing deadlines, and meeting client expectations
- Self-Starter & Multitask oriented with great time management skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic culture
- Education: to a minimum standard equivalent to Bachelor Degree Level
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a professional/commercial environment with 10+ years in the 3PL, FMCG, Food Supply distribution fields.
- Proficient in MS Excel (Advanced), Powerpoint (Advanced), MS Word (Advanced), One Note & AX 365
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “3PL and Business Development”